This page is about me, Winnie.
Instead of trying to detail my lifestyle, and thus boring you out of your mind, I have chosen instead to compile a series of facts about myself that I think allow for interesting insights into who I am:
- I was born in the American deep south and have lived there for over 20 years.
- My maternal grandfather was a farmer; my paternal grandfather, after working for Bell South for decades, including in NYC, retired to a small farm in Mississippi.
- I was trained as a professional dancer for over 14 years in various forms of dance, including ballet, jazz, modern, tap, african, hip-hop, and contemporary western dance.
- I have loved books ever since I was able to read and am currently studying literature at a private university in the U.S.
- I have been to over 28 states in the U.S. and over 12 countries on 4 continents.
- I adore my siblings, who are a ridiculously talented people, especially in the areas of music, being really funny, having awesome fun, being smart without being snobby, and caring about other people.
- I love to study people and, if in the right mood, I can talk to anyone for ages. But, I also require generous amounts of alone time to let my mind wander around the vast universe.
- I despise willful ignorance, intolerance, apathy, and conformity above most other things.
- I seem to have a slight anxiety disorder and am prone to occasional bouts of intense detachment in which I don’t see the point of anything or anyone and wonder why I shouldn’t just pass on into the next life, which I anticipate will be just lovely.
- This has caused me to have a particular fascination with psychological, existential, and metaphysical writers such as Virginia Woolf, Sylvia Plath, Albert Camus, John Donne, and many others.
- Death doesn’t seem to scare or disturb me nearly as much as most people. Instead, I fear most the idea that my existence on this planet is worthless and pointless and that I have neglected this wonderful gift of life by making nothing of it because I didn’t have the strength to defy the meaningless standards which we are all pressured to conform to.
- I have an exceptionally wide range of interests including all types of music, video gaming, house design, real estate, technology, cooking, nature and wildlife, and exploring the various cultures and ideas of the world
- I have a ridiculously open mind but I do not think that my brain has yet to fall out. 😉
- I am quite happy with myself and my life and the world most of the time.
- I am very honored to be a member of this amazing group of women.
All of Winnie’s posts can be found here.