The Fruits of Desperation?
Taken from a piece of intellectual rubbish masquerading as a newspaper, no wonder it’s free; too bad Londoners don’t recognise the cheap tactics being used to generally clutter up their consciousness and fill their heads with rubbish the London Lite, dated Thursday 1 October 2009:
‘Tantric master’ runs for Tories
A nightclub owner and self-proclaimed “tantric master” called Dr Earth has been selected by the Tories to contest the Edmonton seat. Andrew Charalambous, 42, who claims ‘all you have to do is dance to save the world’, runs club nights using a hi-tech floor that generates electricity from the movement of dancers. A fruitarian, he is also a barrister and volunteer police officer, and has a PhD.
My immediate thoughts:
1. Instant misgivings of anyone who simultaneously holds a PhD and the label ‘frutarian’ (I really hope it’s not a PhD in Nutrition)
2. The thesis that dancing will somehow save the world
4. General suspicion of self-awarded titles containing the word ‘master’ (I make an exception for Master of Fail here)
6. If Dr Earth is not his real name, he loses all conceivable pixie points by default. And his real name is <i>not</i> Dr Earth… so he loses all conceivable pixie points by default.
7. Mind-boggling paradox of Tantric Toryism (perhaps a new species of Bad hairdayus?)
8. For some reason our silly Tory mayor Boris springs to mind…
… And my personal dislike of dance clubs (they kill the spirit of dance) may or may not have anything to do with the general sentiment of OMWTHGTH.